Thursday, December 10, 2009

Linux getting better

I now have Everything that I need to work in Ubuntu working. Java is working, Adobe flash is working. I can watch movies, on the Linux system. I can play games on the internet. I can do things today I could not do last week.


Yea... Just a little reading and time takes care of alot of problems.


I am getting rid of my Windows desktop over Christmas break. Going to install a new Hard Drive and install Ubuntu on it. All the updates and then I will be doing way more and cheaper than in windows.

You folks are missing out if you are still using windows.

Linxu is not bothered by viruses, Easy to use like windows. Way more programs than windows without the cost. Yes FREE.

You have different desktops to choose from. Ubuntu is Gnome. Kubuntu is KDE In Red Hat or Debian (I think its 19 cd's now) Has the full distro on the 19 cd's and many desktops. You can install several desktops and switch out from time to time to get a new feel.


Remember with Linux you can get a free operating system. Tons of free software and much more flexabilty than with Windows without the cost.

You have an older computer system in the house? Install Linux on it.

Play with linux and have fun. Look at all that can be done on Linux at no cost to you. Thats right just spend a little time downloading a distro or go to the bookstore and get a linux magazine with a Distro in it.

My suggestion is download several liveCD versions.. Go with Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, freespire, Try them out. You may have to install Java or Adobe Flash to get movies and games to work. But, after that you will have what you have in Windows without the price. You won't have to buy tons of software. There is tons that come with linux for free.

You want graphics? Sound? Video? Games? Office? Business? Math? There is so much offered on Linux you could spend years going through it.


My next is mythtv. Make a tvio system with my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment