Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Commodore 64x.


I just watched a video of the new Commodore 64 running Linux Mint 10-10


One word - Awesome.


It has the great eye candy installed, Retro Sounds for your computer.  Many Commodore 64 things laying around the screen. 

Eye Candy alone is worth the download.

Of course I cut my teeth in Computing on the Commodore 64 and the Commodore VIC-20.  I did (still have) a Commodore 128.  and last time I powered them up, they all worked. and the disks still were readable.  Some 20 years later.

And today all three of my computers are running Linux Mint.   The Commodore 64 was one of the best home computers way back then.  Apple was the other.  There were at one time about 20 different home computers.  Radio Shack had the Tandy. 

Today I am glad for Linux.  It is one of my favorites.  I am not to hip on Fedora or the Red Hat based distros.  I do like the Debian based, and I love the Gnome Desktop over the KDE.  Nothing wrong KDE or Fedora, Slackware or any of their distro downstream.  Debian was the one I learned on and thats the one I like.

I am starting to go through the Linux From Scratch.  Wanting to build a system from the ground up.

Have some fun and download a few Linux Distros and play awhile, you just might give up that Windows machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment